Check out the following opportunities to share with those who are in need.
You can bring your donations to FPC or drop them off at the agency.
Bean’s Café continues to organize and staff the emergency mass shelter at Sullivan Arena for those who are without housing. With the change in weather the following donations are needed:
single and double sized blankets,
all types of casual clothing for men and women especially socks and underwear
Food Bank of Alaska ( The Food Bank of Alaska has a new home: 2192 Viking Drive. )
September is Hunger Action Month! Find a concrete way this month to support the Food Bank so those facing hunger in our community do not need to choose between food and other crucial needs, such as electricity, childcare or medicine. There is enough for all if we share with those in need!
1. Volunteer at the Food Bank warehouse: Even during COVID on-site volunteer opportunities are available. You can find ways to serve at: https://foodbankofalaska.org/get-involved/volunteer.
2. Use the following calendar to donate to the food bank this month! You can take your box to the food bank or bring it to the church.
F.I.S.H. (Fellowship in Serving Humanity)
F.I.S.H. currently has increasing demand for food deliveries and a decreasing number of volunteers.
1. Volunteer for 2-3 hours each month. Jobs include calling clients to get their food requests, packing food for deliveries, delivering food to the homebound, or shopping to replenish food supplies. Go to www.fishcharity.org to sign up.
2. Back to School Drive-Thru Food Drive: Saturday, Sept. 11 12 noon to 3 pm
Drop off non-perishable food items at F.I.S.H. – 2200 E Tudor Road
Items requested: peanut butter, jelly, lunch snacks, tuna, soup, pasta, canned fruits and veggies, oatmeal, cereal
3. Donate to FPC’s Pasta Basket – each month FPC tries to donate 150 pounds of pasta to F.I.S.H. Bring your donations to the church.
Restore/Habitat for Humanity
Want to get involved and do some good in the community? Habitat for Humanity Anchorage and the ReStore are seeking volunteers! They work to expand affordable homeownership opportunities, lower home improvement costs for Anchorage residents, keep usable materials out of the landfill, promote creative reuse, and engage neighbors in our mission. You can help by: joining a Volunteer Committee, helping source ReStore donations, supporting the ReStore in the office, warehouse, sales floor, or our DIY workshop or leading a class in basic repair, repurposing, safety, or other home-related topics Visit our volunteer page at habitatanchorage.org/volunteer to learn more or contact Sarah Burtner (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly.