You are invited to join us for our Earth Day Celebration this Sunday, April 25, from 1-2pm. We will have a variety of opportunities and activities available. Come and learn ways to advocate for our world as we work together to follow God’s calling to be careful, humble stewards of this earth, and to protect and restore it.
- Participate in a trash treasure hunt around the church property (bring gloves)
- Learn about ways to connect with others who garden at FPC and Anchor Gardens
- Find out how you can get involved with FPC’s Community Garden at I St and 3rd Ave
- Learn about FPC’s Earth Care Team
- Learn how to compost
- Make a bag out of a T-shirt (bring a T-shirt)
- Sign up to be a part of FPC’s Citywide Clean Up Team (bags will be available)
- Write a prayer for our creation and hang it on our prayer tree
- If you bring a 5 gal bucket you can take home a bucket of goat manure from the I St Garden
- If you have gardening supplies (seeds, containers, tools, hoses, etc.) that you are no longer using, please bring them and we can share with each other
- Bring any plastics you can’t recycle in Anchorage and we will take them to Valley Community Recycling in Palmer.
- Bring glass jars (preferably with lids) and we will donate them to Blue Market AK
- Bring batteries and light bulbs and we will recycle them
- Habitat for Humanity Restore will be here and you can bring donations to support their work (furniture, plumbing, lumber, tools, lighting, hardware, etc.)
- Bring pasta for F.I.S.H. (Fellowship in Serving Humanity)
- Bring clothes, bedding and shoes for the guests at Sullivan Arena Shelter
Please wear a mask. COVID protocol will be in place.