Sunday June 9
Children ages four through 6thgrade are welcome join us June 10-14 from 9:30 am – 12 noon for Vacation Bible School at First Presbyterian Church. At Everywhere Fun Fair: Where God’s World Comes Together children will explore and experience God’s welcoming love! Pick up a registration form today in the narthex and return by June 2, or register on the FPC website. Pass on the information to a neighbor as well!
Everywhere Fun Fair: Where God’s World Comes Together begins tomorrow! Our Vacation Bible School is from 9:30 – 12 noon and for children ages 4 years to 6thgrade. There is still time to get involved!
1. Register your child today!
2. Volunteer Opportunities
**We can still use volunteers to help on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
**Volunteer for the picnic on Friday (10:30-12:30)
**Volunteer to help with clean up on Friday from 1:00-3:00.
**Thanks for all who have contributed items for VBS.
**You can still give a financial donation – it costs FPC about $25/child for supplies for VBS (earmark your donation “VBS”).
4. Pray for the VBS staff and children attending.
All are welcome to come and be a part of the VBS picnic this Friday (June 14) beginning at 11:30. It will be a great opportunity for you to meet the parents and children who are a part of our VBS this week.
Thanks to everyone who have contributed to the PC(USA) Pentecost Offering. We received $944.00 of which 40 percent will used locally and the remaining 60 percent will be used through the PC(USA) for the young adults, youth and children at risk. This offering supports the Presbyterian Youth Triennium of which we have 12 people from our Presbytery going to in July. The group includes Katie Lindemuth (youth) and Danna Larson (youth advisor) from First Presbyterian Church.
“For I was hungry and you gave me food,…I was in prison and you visited me.” We have an opportunity to make a difference!
The Running Free 4 Miler Race >>Thursday, June 27 << supports female prison inmates at the Hiland Mountain Correctional Center in Eagle River. It raises money to buy running shoes and sports bras for the women who are bettering their lives by being a part of a running program sponsored by Running Free Alaska.
1. You can sign up to run or walk. More Info and Register Here.
2. You can donate to help support the FPC runners by writing a check to First Presbyterian Church and putting Running Free Race on the memo line.
There is a signup sheet for those participating in the narthex to coordinate transportation to Eagle River for the race. Questions? Contact Sarah Kleedehn or Kay Brown.
The June Food Box Build for the Elderly at the Food Bank (2121 Spar Ave) is Saturday, June 15. Anyone ten years of age or older is welcome to join us as we work with 30 other volunteers packing 800 boxes of food that is sent to the villages. We begin at 9 am and finish at noon. Sign up in the narthex if you plan on coming. First Presbyterian Church commits to ten volunteers each month for this service ministry.
Through the work of the FPC Earth Care Ministry Team, First Presbyterian Church has been chosen to receive one of the garden plots in the 3rdAve Downtown Urban Farm project. In collaboration with the Alaska Food Policy Council; a statewide non-profit focused on strengthening Alaska’s food systems, the Urban Farm Project’s goal is to turn neglected land into a community space where food can be grown for our community. We along with six other groups will be growing food this summer.
“Everywhere Fun Fair VBS” children will be planting the potatoes next week. Help will be needed during the summer to water and hill the potatoes. If you are interested in helping the FPC Earth Care Ministry Team in this garden please contact Danna Larson or Jennifer Searls and we will put you to work!
Another project this summer will be cutting down the invasive May Day trees on the FPC property and replacing them with fruit trees.